This chapter starts out with two women, their first experience in a college class, and I do not understand why one dropped a class just because of the instructors opening thoughts. To me, she is the one being a coward and not stepping up to the plate to learn or want to learn something new. How can you prove something to the world if you dont take that first step.
(p.193)
"A women, like any other human being, does need to know that the mind makes mistakes; but our interviews hae convinced us that every woman, regardless of age, social class, ethinicity, and acadmeic achievement, needs to know that she is capable of intelligent though, and she needs to know it right away."
~WOW!~
I sit here and think to myself, I never thougth I was dumb, or not intelligent enough to go to college or do anything that I wanted to do. So my question is, why does it say all women? I know plenty of women who know they are intelligent in their own ways and they caring themselves very well!
Being 34, I have seen a lot of things in my life. I never have let one thing ever beat me, nor get me down. I listen to my inner voice, my outter voice and other so I can make my own decisions on a level that is respectful to all. What I don't understand is how women think so low of themselves! Why must one complain about their instructor, change it, do whatever it takes to make it better for you, just don't sit there and complain, who cares if one complains, what is that going to do for you.
College for me was an eye opener, and I loved every minute of it! It was a challenge, and I welcomed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment